http://www.tech4mommies.com/2011/08/a-mormon-a-muslim-a-jewish-lesbian-walk-into-a-bar/
I wasn’t going to do a BlogHer11 post this year. What do you guys really care about my vacation, really? But I started thinking about it today, and decided that you’ll just have to indulge me for a personal post, I promise to say SOMETHING technology related. :)
A Mormon, A Muslim & A Jewish Lesbian Walk Into a Bar
I wasn’t going to do a BlogHer11 post this year. What do you guys really care about my vacation, really? But I started thinking about it today, and decided that you’ll just have to indulge me for a personal post, I promise to say SOMETHING technology related. :)
So, a Mormon, a Muslim, and some Lesbians walk into a bar…. it sounds like the start of a joke, but that is what BlogHer is all about for me. It’s the relationships I make with wonderful people based on true connection, as opposed to “we’re friends because our kids go to the same school”. Last year at BlogHer I was honored to have my post be selected as on of the Voices of the Year. This year my friend’s post was selected as an honoree! While waiting backstage I met Deborah, who consistently made me crack up. Afterwards I wanted to hang out with her at the parties, not only because she was super funny, she was so much fun to be around! I also met Faiqa backstage. We bonded over the fact that the art that was made to go with our posts actually drew us to them. It’s hard to explain, but it’s like I knew which picture was mine, and she felt the same................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
No comments:
Post a Comment